What can you do with Sheets?
Handle task lists, create project plans, analyze data with charts and filters, and much more.
With Google Sheets, you can create and edit spreadsheets directly in your web browser—no special software is required. Multiple people can work simultaneously, you can see people’s changes as they make them, and every change is saved automatically.
Customize your spreadsheet and data
Work with rows, columns, and cells.
- Add rows, columns, and cells—Select a cell or block of cells. Then, on the menu bar, click Insert and choose where to add the row, column, or cells.
- Delete or hide rows and columns—Right-click the row number or column letter and select Delete or Hide.
- Delete a cell or a block of cells—Select the cells you want to delete. Click Edit > Delete cells and shift up, or Edit > Delete cells and shift left.
- Move rows and columns—Click the row number or column letter to select it. Then, drag it to a new location.
- Freeze header rows and columns—Keep some data in the same place as you scroll through the rest of your spreadsheet. On the menu bar, click View > Freeze and choose an option.
Click 'Share' to share your spreadsheet and then choose what collaborators can do. They'll also receive an email notification.
Collaborate with your team in real time
Create different versions and copies of your spreadsheet.
- Make a copy—Create a duplicate of your spreadsheet. This is a great way to create templates.
- See revision history—See all the changes you and others have made to the spreadsheet or revert to earlier versions.
- Download as—Download your spreadsheet in other formats, such as Excel or PDF.
- Publish to the web—Publish a copy of your spreadsheet as a webpage or embed your spreadsheet in a website.
- Email as attachment—Email a copy of your spreadsheet.